June 21, 2022
Municipal Administration Building
201 W. Central Avenue
Lake Wales, FL 33853
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
PROCLAMATIONS AND AWARDS
PROCLAMATION – JUNETEENTH DAY
COMMENTS AND PETITIONS
Public participation from residents, taxpayers, business owners, and utility customers is encouraged. The City Commission welcomes information that would assist them in considering agenda items, City business, and otherwise fulfilling the City’s mission to make Lake Wales “a bit better or more beautiful” for its citizens.
Anyone wishing to speak should give their name, state if they are a resident, taxpayer, business owner, or utility customer and they will have 5 minutes. Courtesy and respect is the hallmark. Speakers are expected to address the Commission and not audience members, and not engage in back and forth discussions that can deteriorate into argument, debate and accusations.
Questions about subject matter are best directed to city staff during normal business hours
Board Appointments To Various Boards And Commissions
Appointments to fill vacancies on the Airport Authority, Board of Zoning Adjustments and Appeals, Citizens and Police Community Relations Advisory Committee, Code Enforcement, Historic District Regulatory Board, Housing Authority and Planning and Zoning boards
- MEMO-BOARD APPOINTMENTS JUN 21 2022.PDF
- RALPH MARINO CODE BOARD APPOINTMENT.PDF
- RODNEY CANNON CODE BOARD APPOINTMENT.PDF
- SUE MARINO APPLICATION.PDF
- TAMMY JAMES CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- TIFFANY DAVIS CITIZENS POLICE BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- TIMOTHY RATLIFF CITIZENS POLICE BOARD APPLICATION.PDF
- BRUCE AUSTELL APPLICATION FOR RE-APPOINTMENT CODE BOARD.PDF
- BUEFORD COLBURN PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- CLARKE GERARD AIRPORT AUTHORITY APPLICATION.PDF
- COURTNEY MCCRYSTAL PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- CURTIS GIBSON CODE BOARD CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- CURTIS GIBSON PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- EUGENE FULTZ PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- HELEN WALTERS HOUSING AUTHORITY.PDF
- JUANITA ZWARYCZUK PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- LARRY BOSSARTE PLANNING AND ZONING CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- NANCY BAKER BOA CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- NARVELL PETERSON CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- TROY SCHULZE CITIZENS POLICE CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
- WILLIAM DUNKLEBERGER CITIZENS POLICE CITIZEN BOARD APPLICATION FORM.PDF
Any member of the public can ask the City Commission to pull a consent item for separate discussion and vote that they would like to make comment on.
Minutes June 7, 2022, January 26, 2022, February 9, 2022, June 15, 2022
Commission Meeting JUNE 7, 2022
Commission Work Session JANUARY 26, 2022
Commission Work Session FEBRUARY 9, 2022
Commission Work Session JUNE 15, 2022
Second Amended And Restated Implementation Agreement For The Southeast Wellfield
The changes to the Implementation Agreement are to establish anchor partners at the recommendation of the lending partners, WIFIA (EPA) and SRF (FDEP).
- AGENDA MEMO- IMPLEMENTATION AGREEMENTSECONDAMENDMENT (002).PDF
- 22-05-11 SEWF IMPLEMENTATION AGREEMENT (WIFIA-SRF CHANGES)(CLEAN).PDF
Purchase Of Excavator
Staff is requesting Commission approval to purchase (1) Caterpillar 303 Mini Hydraulic Excavator under the Florida Sheriffs Contract FA20-EQU18.0.
Purchase Of Message Sign
Staff is requesting Commission approval to purchase (1) PCMS-1500 Trailer-Mounted Message Sign under the Florida Sheriffs Contract FA20-EQU18.0.
Special Event Permit The Vibe Food Truck Rally
A special event permit application to sponsor a Food Truck Rally on July 16th from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This event will require the closing of Lincoln Avenue from B Street to D Street from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- MEMO SPECIAL EVENT FOOD TRUCK EVENT.PDF
- FOOD TRUCK RALLY – 7-16-2022 – LCDC.PDF
- SITE PLAN – LCDC FOOD TRUCK RALLY.PDF
ORDINANCE D2022-12 2nd Reading And Public Hearing Zoning Map Amendment For 10.02 Acres Of Land North Of Linda Street And East Of Tangelo Street
Shelton T. Rice, authorized agent for owner, requests approval of City Commission to amend the Zoning Map on approximately 10.02 acres of land.
- CC MEMO D2022-12 2ND R MURPHY PROPERTY ZONING 6.21.2022.PDF
- ORD D2022-12 2ND R MURPHY PROPERTY ZONING AMENDMENT 6.21.22.PDF
Approval Of Addendum 1 To The 1995 Lease Agreement With Florida Midland Railroad
Commission approval to authorize the addendum required for improvements to the Scenic Highway Gateway Corridor.
- AGENDA MEMO – FLORIDA MIDLAND RAILROAD ADDENDUM AGREEMENT.PDF
- ADDENDUM TO RIGHT OF WAY LEASE LAKE-M11-074 A1 V06.15.22F.PDF
- SCENIC HIGHWAY CORRIDOR PLANS DATED 06.10.22.PDF
- SCENIC HIGHWAY CORRIDOR SCOPE MAP.PDF
ORDINANCE 2022-13 Annexation – 1st Reading And Public Hearing 23.66 Acres Of Land South Of Passion Play Road And West Of 11th Street South
Ordinance 2022-13 proposes the voluntary annexation of approximately 23.66 acres of land south of Passion Play Road and west of 11th Street South, and contiguous to the incorporated City limits.
- CC MEMO ORD 2022-13 MCKENNA PROPERTY ANNEXATION 6.21.2022.PDF
- ORD 2022-13 MCKENNA PROPERTY ANNEXATION.PDF
- UTILITY MAPS – ANNEXATION 2022-13.PDF
ORDINANCE D2022-09 – 1st Reading And Public Hearing Future Land Use Amendment For 23.66 Acres Of Land South Of Passion Play Road And West Of 11th Street South
The McKenna Family requests approval of City Commission to amend the Future Land Use Map of the Comprehensive Plan on parcels of land totaling approximately 23.66 acres.
- ORD D2022-09 MCKENNA PROPERTY CPA SMALL SCALE 6.21.22.PDF
- CC MEMO D2022-09 MCKENNA PROPERTY CPA 6.21.2022.PDF
ORDINANCE D2022-10 1st Reading And Public Hearing – Zoning Map Amendment For 23.66 Acres Of Land South Of Passion Play Road And West Of 11th Street South
The McKenna Family requests approval of City Commission to amend the Zoning Map on parcels of land totaling approximately 23.66 acres.
- CC MEMO D2022-10 MCKENNA PROPERTY ZONING 6.21.2022.PDF
- ORD D2022-10 MCKENNA PROPERTY ZONING AMENDMENT 6.21.22.PDF
ORDINANCE 2022-21 Annexation – 1st Reading And Public Hearing 102.6 Acres Of Land North Of Mountain Lake Cutoff Road And West Of US Highway 27
Ordinance 2022-21 proposes the voluntary annexation of approximately 102.06 acres of land north of Mountain Lake Cutoff Road and west of US Highway 27, and contiguous to the incorporated City limits.
- CC MEMO ORD 2022-21 LAKE WALES PROPERTY HOLDINGS ANNEXATION 6.21.2022.PDF
- ORD 2022-21 LAKE WALES PROPERTY HOLDINGS ANNEXATION.PDF
- LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS – ANNEXATION 2022-21.PDF
- UTILITY MAPS – ANNEXATION 2022-21.PDF
ORDINANCE 2022-24 Annexation – 1st Reading And Public Hearing 17.23 Acres Of Land South Of Waverly Road And West Of C F Kinney Road
Ordinance 2022-24 proposes the voluntary annexation of approximately 17.23 acres of land south of Waverly Road and west of C F Kinney Road, and contiguous to the incorporated City limits.
- CC MEMO ORD 2022-24 FORD GROVES ANNEXATION 6.21.2022.PDF
- ORD 2022-24 FORD GROVES ANNEXATION.PDF
- UTILITY MAPS – ANNEXATION 2022-24.PDF
Resolution 2022-22 – Support For Expansion Of The Central Polk Parkway East
A Resolution 2022-22 in support of the expansion of the Central Polk Parkway East.
Commission Meeting Calendar
CITY COMMISSION COMMENTS
(The staff memos are not incorporated into the official record)
Minutes of the City Commission meeting can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office. The minutes are recorded, but are not transcribed verbatim. Persons requiring a verbatim transcript may make arrangements with the City Clerk to duplicate the recording, or arrange to have a court reporter present at the meeting. The cost of duplication and/or court reporter will be the expense of the requesting party.
In accordance with Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the meeting.
Appeals concerning decisions on issues requiring a public hearing:
Persons who wish to appeal any decision made by the City Commission with respect to any matter considered during a public hearing at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose may need to ensure that verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is based.